TextGRAB SDK is a COM library that allows screen text capture in Windows applications.
You can use it to capture text from any application that doesn't provide communication API's in order to feed another program. You can capture text from any part of any window including: status bar messages, Windows error messages and more, list controls, list views, menus, any custom controls, etc.
TextGRAB SDK is not an OCR based solution. Which makes it work faster than OCR based solution and allows capture text even if some custom fonts are used.
TextGRAB SDK can be used in different types of software like dictionaries, translation tools, organizer applications, etc.
* Capture text from rectangle
* Capture word from point
* Capture whole window
* Capture text snapshot
* Set capture timeout
* Interactive text capture (user can select area or point on screen and capture text from it)
* Unicode support
* Support different popular applications such as Office applications, internet browsers, email and instant messaging applications, etc.
* Easy to integrate to your application
* Capture font information (face, size and color)
* Capture passwords hidden behind asterisks
Limitations: TextGRAB SDK can not capture text from PDF.
Supported OS: Windows 2000/Windows XP/Windows Server 2003/Windows Vista
* TextGRAB SDK
* API documentation
* Demo applications with sourcecode (C++, C#, VB.NET, VB 6.0)
Read The publisher description in: German